Seasonal Reflections | Fall 2014

I love the Fall.  And I love taking pictures.  That means that this is prime time for taking beautiful pictures of nature here in New Jersey.

“He existed before anything else, and he holds all creation together.” (Colossians 1:17)
“ACTS” is a prayer model I use frequently.  Each letter represents a different part of the prayer.  This really works well because the focus isn’t just on me and my “to do list,” but rather helps me to focus more on God.  It goes like this:

            A: Adoration
            C: Confession
            T: Thanksgiving
            S: Supplication (requests)

“You are worthy, O Lord our God, to receive glory and honor and power.  For you created all things, and they exist because you created what you pleased.” (Revelation 4:11)

Sometimes “Adoration” can be the hardest part for me.  It simply means to praise God.  Adore him for who he is.  Even though I’ve grown up my whole life in church, I’ve found that I am often at a loss for words when it comes to this part.

There are different ways for different people to help solve this problem, but something that has helped me is observing nature.

Autumn is in full-swing here in New Jersey, and it’s absolutely beautiful.  I love taking pictures of the lake, leaves and sunsets here in Mount Olive.

When I feel that I’m at a loss for words, simply looking at the beauty around me outside reminds me of the majesty of God.  Seeing the magnificence of nature helps me with adoration.

“Praise him, sun and moon! Praise him, all you twinkling stars! Praise him, skies above! Praise him, vapors high above the clouds! Let every created thing give praise to the Lord, for he issued his command, and they came into being.” (Psalm 148:3-5)
So what is it for you?  What is that thing that makes you say, “Wow God, you truly are amazing?”  Find what it is and praise God through it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LOTR On Prime: Timeline of The Second Age

WHO IS THE BEST BATMAN?

What Is Speaking In Tongues?