Five Things I'm Thankful For | Thanksgiving 2014

MY FAMILY
I honestly believe that I have the greatest family.  My parents have loved me with all that they are, have provided for me, instilled values in me, and have guided me.  My siblings are…my siblings!  I love my brother and sister to death.  I love my extended family.  I have had an incredible home life.  I am so thankful that in my family, I have a firm foundation on which I can stand strongly and proudly.  And of course I have to include the words of my sister: “What is the Jones family without movie quotes?” 

MY FRIENDS
I am blessed to have the friends that I do.  My best friend, Ronnie DePasquale, whom I’ve known my entire life, and now his wife, Tiffany.  The entire DePasquale family.  My college friends.  My youth group friends.  My church friends.  It’s crazy how many friends I have!  It can be upsetting thinking about how life separates us, and we don’t see each other as much anymore, but I realize just how blessed I am to say that in every area of my life, I have friends who I now regard as my family.

MY FUTURE
While a lot of people my age are still trying to figure out their future, I know what I’m going for.  I don’t mean to say that I have it all figured out, but I know what I want and where I am headed.  I’m thankful that I’m getting married to Rebecca soon!  I’m thankful for Searchlight Church, and the future that we have there together.  I’m thankful that God is with me, leading and guiding me, in my future.  Although I don’t always know what the future holds, I know who holds the future.

MY FAVORITE THINGS
I’m not going to pretend that I don’t love stuff.  I love presents, gifts, knick-knacks, video games, movies, LEGOs, books, comics, and a whole bunch of other stuff.  I have a Lothlorien leaf from Lord of the Rings.  I don’t do anything with it; I simply have it and just love the fact that I own it.  I have lots of stuff, stuff I don’t need, but it’s stuff that a lot of other people don’t have.  I’m thankful that I live here in America and that I am rich beyond measure.


MY FAITH
Of course, I’m thankful for Jesus.  I’m thankful that before I knew him, he already died on the cross for my sin.  I’m thankful that I now know him.  I’m thankful that I’ve grown up always knowing who he is.  I’m thankful that he’s called me to tell others about who he is.  I’m thankful that I can come to him for anything and everything.  Without him, I would have nothing.


What are you thankful for?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LOTR On Prime: Timeline of The Second Age

WHO IS THE BEST BATMAN?

What Is Speaking In Tongues?