Chosen As Heroes

The weekend I got my wisdom teeth out, I finally had a chance to play The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.  I definitely enjoyed playing it; it was one long game though!

THE HERO OF DESTINY
In this game, the main character, Link, is on a quest to find Zelda.  Throughout the game, people are constantly telling him that he is the hero who is destined for this specific task.  The goddess chose Link and Zelda, out of everyone else.  Sometimes Link finds items or other things that were specifically left behind for him by the goddess.



As I’m playing the game, I remember thinking “It’s so cool!” every time they say that the goddess herself chose Link, or that she left things just for him (or in a way, me haha).

HERO IN ALL OF US

“I believe there’s a hero in all of us.”
-Aunt May, Spiderman 2 (2004)

Thinking about it, I realized that this isn’t just a cool thought.  God Himself has chosen each one of us for a specific task.  The Bible says:

“But you are a CHOSEN people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.” (1 Peter 1:9)

“Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places, even as HE CHOSE US IN HIM before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him.” (Ephesians 1:3-4)

Jesus Himself says to us:

You did not choose me, but I CHOSE YOU and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you.” (John 15:16)

LIVE THAT WAY
Just like the goddess chose Link in that fantasy world, God Himself has chosen US in real life!  This isn’t a game or a happy feeling, but God has actually chosen us.  What an amazing thought!

I don’t know if things are looking up or down for you, but you can take comfort in knowing that you have been chosen specifically by God.  You are not an accident or mistake.  God Himself, the Creator of the Universe, has chosen you.

No matter where you are in life, know that God has chosen you so that you can get to know Him, and to live a life pleasing to Him.  There are so many verses about how God has chosen us, but I only included these few.  The point is to know that everything that is going on in life is because God has chosen you and is bringing you somewhere or teaching you something that He has chosen you to do from before time began!

“You are absolutely extraordinary…live that way.”
-Dr. Bruce Marino



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LOTR On Prime: Timeline of The Second Age

WHO IS THE BEST BATMAN?

What Is Speaking In Tongues?