Salvation: God’s Business

I just came back from the Missions Trip to NYC, where we worked with StreetLife Ministries and ministered to the homeless. We went to four different parks. I decided that I’d write a few different blogs for the different types of situations I encountered while I was there, even though I could probably write a blog for every person I met!

Just about everyone who knows me knows that I live my life for Christ. My entire life is devoted to Him. Everything I do is to serve Him; my life would be incomplete if I didn’t! This missions trip however, reminded me why I serve God and who He is in my life. Of course serving Him is the right thing to do, but that’s not the only reason we do it.

The second park, Moore Playground, was tough because there were many religions and lots of people couldn’t speak English. When we were packing up though, I ended up talking to three people: Daniel, Louis, and Carlos. I had met Louis earlier; he was a homeless Hispanic man who was kind of funny and had a heart for the Lord. He introduced me to Carlos and after a great conversation we ended up praying together. Daniel joined in the prayer because I thought he was a friend of Louis; it turns out they didn’t even know each other!

Daniel was Chinese and didn’t speak much English. But he had such an honest heart. After the prayer, he told me that he wasn’t a Christian but wanted to believe in Jesus. “I want to believe” is what he kept saying to me. I was going crazy on the inside! We went to the Prayer Station and I gave him some Chinese tracks and a Chinese Gospel of John. I told him that he doesn’t have to wait; he can just accept God right then and there! I led him in the prayer, and Daniel placed his faith and trust in Jesus Christ.

After some more conversation, explaining the Gospel of John and hooking him up with a Chinese church in the area, he left (he actually asked me if it was required to go to church to believe in Jesus, which I found kind of funny). I then helped Louis bring his stuff to the entrance of the park and we said goodbye. The entire rest of the trip I thought and prayed for Daniel. I seriously can’t tell you how amazing I felt on the inside.

Louis, Me, and Daniel

More than just this event, this whole trip really reminded me of who God is and what He’s about. God’s business is salvation: He is “not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance” (2 Peter 3:9). We need to live for God and serve Him with all that we are, but not JUST because it’s “the right thing” to do. Jesus has saved us from our sin. I have placed my trust in Him as the Lord of my entire life. His will is that everyone in the world comes to repentance, that everyone else can make the decision that I have made to trust in Him! Psalm 67 says to declare His salvation among all the nations; we’ve got to make it known!

The Bible says that God is love. He IS love. Love isn’t just a quality that He has, He is love. And God’s love is so great that He wants everyone to come and know it! God’s desire is that everyone can be saved and know Him. More than just serving Him simply because I should, I want to be part of His plan of saving all of mankind, because I have come to know how great His love is. How about you?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LOTR On Prime: Timeline of The Second Age

WHO IS THE BEST BATMAN?

What Is Speaking In Tongues?